Friday, January 13, 2006

Yogacizing

Saturday, 14 January 2006

The Bikram yoga studio I go to was having a special all weekend, so all yoga classes were free. Mike and I went to the 10 am class with Leigh (whom he works with at the hospital)teaching. Leigh had me demonstrate the bow pose for the class, so now my back is sore, especially because I was pushing myself. When there are so many good people in class, and you're packed like sardines, it's hard not to compare yourself to others and push yourself in practice. Afterwards, we were both so exhausted that we took naps and watched the Seahawks beat the Redskins.

We visited with Dad and Bernie a little bit in the afternoon to drop off a letter that his high school friend wrote to him. Very sweet as this friend recently found out about my dad's illness and wrote to say how much he admired him in high school and college and how all of his friends are pulling for him.

It's very touching to see old friends come out of the woodworks. Whether they stop by and visit, call, or send a letter, it's always nice to know there are people out there thinking of him and supporting him through this.

No comments: