Thursday, September 27, 2007

3 Months Old

Thursday, 27 September 2007

Today, Chase makes 3 months! I took him to the HMSA building where Chris works so he could meet all of Daddy's coworkers. Since we're not allowed in the building, I had to park across the street at Wal-Mart, and they all had to come outside and meet us downstairs. It was funny because I walked up to about 15 people corralled in the atrium waiting for baby Chase. Show-and-tell time proved to be a success as they all adored him. He was very calm and just stared at people. He especially liked the patterns on one guy's aloha shirt and would track him whereever he moved. Chase has already been arranged for a marriage with one of Chris' coworker's daughter, who is 10 months old.

I took Chase to Ala Moana Center afterwards so that I could get lunch and walk around. Chase was fine sitting on my lap, until he realized that the view under the table was not so great. Then I had to carry him up on my shoulder, thus making it much more difficult to eat with one hand.

Now that Chase can see more, he just wants to look at EVERYTHING! So, if he has only a view of my chest (which is what he mostly looks at when he's in the carrier), he starts kicking and gets really ansy and fussy. Once I turn him around, he's fine. We walked around after I had to throw away my unfinished lunch. He was really gassy though, and I started bouncing him around, but it wasn't helping. I got a lot of sympathy stares from other mommies as they passed me and the crying, screaming baby. Others looked and said, "Oh, how cute." A nice old Japanese woman watched me "try" and calm him and talked to me in Japanese about him. The only thing I understood was when she called him cute.

When I realized I couldn't calm him, and I was tired of sweating in the heat, I just decided to take him home and hope that the car ride would put him to sleep...Thank goodness it did. (I was about ready to put the baby siren on the roof! --- Chris and I have this "inside joke" that whenever Chase is crying and we're driving in traffic or come to a stop, we need to pull out the siren. Don't people know?! Hello?! Crying baby needs to move! Move people! Keep it moving!)

No comments: