Friday, September 21, 2007

Chase's Favorite Toy

Friday, 21 September 2007

Chase likes the bright colors and bells of the rattle. He likes the fish on the mobile of his swing. But, the toy he loves and stares at the most, spins round and round at different speeds and always catches his attention.

I broke Chase's favorite toy in the house last night.

My dad would scold me because he always warned me about pulling the chain too hard. He always told me one day it's going to break if I'm not careful.

And last night it did.

I yanked the chain too hard, and I broke the chain out of the ceiling fan in the living room.

It's Chase's favorite toy in the house.

For weeks now, he'll look up, neck all cocked back as I'm carrying him, and stare at the ceiling fan going round and round.

This morning, we walked out into the living room, and he cocked his neck back and stared at the fan, waiting for it to go round and round.

But, it didn't.

I had to tell him mommy broke it and daddy has to fix it now.

All the while, he stared at it, waiting for the blades to spin.

But, it didn't.

Good thing he doesn't understand what I'm saying. We'll just have to find another toy in the house until Chase's favorite toy gets fixed.

No comments: