Saturday, September 08, 2007

North Shore



Saturday, 8 September 2007

This morning, we picked up my Seattle friends Heather and Paul for a drive to the North Shore. They are at the tail end of their honeymoon here in Hawai'i. It was nice to see friends from Seattle again and for them to meet Chris and baby Chase. We drove to Ka'ena Point, Haleiwa, ate at Kua'aina Burgers, Waimea, and then stopped at Waiola Shave Ice in town for an afternoon treat. We had to stop a couple times so that I could change diapers and nurse, but it was a beautiful day and nice to tour around.

We started using the video camera, but I'll have to spend more time trying to figure out how to make it work on this blogsite. I didn't even notice that Chase spit up when I was taking the video! He added some music for more effect. It is so funny, that I think we'll be taking lots of more videos now.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Hey! Where's the link to the video?
Sorry you are all itchy and uncomfortable. I'm sure that hot weather adds to your discomfort. I have heard that shingles is more painful than the 'pox'. How long can you expect to suffer? I too am a sickly one; I have a cyst on a vocal cord. I'm expected to talk only in a conversational tone; try that with 27 kindergarteners in Sept! I feel like I've swallowed a rock by the end of the day. I am going for voice therapy and if it doesn't work, I may need surgery.
Yuck!