Friday, September 21, 2007

Getting Into The Swing Of Things



Friday, 21 September 2007

Not without some obstacles of course (not having my SS card and having to go home and get it, but I had to pump anyway), I finally took the test and got my Hawai'i driver's license yesterday. I didn't get to go to my eye doctor today to get the bump on my eye checked out. He was running behind by 2 hours, and I didn't have time to wait with Chase being at Nana's. So I rescheduled my appointment for today, and strike two again, because I got caught in a huge traffic jam (accident on the freeway), so cancelled my appointment once again and will go on Monday. I did start a savings account for Chase at the bank. They have a neat three-tier system for keiki (kids) which allows us parents to have more control over what kinds of things are allowed as he gets older. Right now it's just a savings account. When he turns 13, he can get a checking and an ATM card if we authorize it. When he's 18, he can get a Visa card, etc. And I got some free little gifts from the credit union and Chase got his first little piggy bank!

It was a productive week. Still have things to clean and move around, but it's getting there. And, I'm getting into the routine of cleaning and cooking while Chase is napping. The swing has been amazing, and is now one of our little tools to help us put him to sleep (and he'll sleep for a couple of hours in it if we let him!). It was not so easy the first month, but it's gotten a lot easier now that I've started to figure him out. I feel like I'm almost caught up now. I got to go out to lunch with Kai and do some shopping at the mall this week. Granted I always have to stop and nurse, usually in the car once I get somewhere, a couple of times in the mall, and as soon as I get home. But, it's nice to be able to get out of the house.

Tonight, we met Chris at the mall after he got his haircut. We ate dinner while Chase slept in my front carrier and walked around a bit. We ran into lots of people we knew and introduced them to Chase. There are a lot of other parents and babies and strollers at the mall! I'm sure we'll be hanging out there a lot! It's carpeted and air-conditioned!

No comments: