Friday, April 27, 2007

Getting Ready For Dad's Memorial

Friday, 27 April 2007

Jay and I have spent all week scanning, editing, cropping, and putting together a slideshow for Dad's memorial, by going through his two huge boxes of pictures, photo albums, and our own personal collections. Went back to work this week as well, but as soon as I come home at 1 pm, I've been working on the slideshow, the program, etc. Plus, friends from Seattle, Marissa and Nate, arrived enroute from Japan to back home to Seattle this week. I picked them up from the airport on Tuesday and Marissa caught up with Kai when I went to her house to work on the slideshow. Chris let them borrow his car today to sightsee. We'll hopefully meet up with them tonight and do something.

"Junior" has been busy moving and kicking and growing, making me really tired and exhausted all week. My kids had fun watching my tummy move today when he was doing some kicking action. It's been hard to get to bed early this week, but I'm managing to take long afternoon naps after lunch. Dad would be proud, as I am still keeping with our routine of napping after lunch.

Still trying to write the eulogy. Going through all my blogs and journals to help create some insight. My brother Jay and I will present the 'Ohana Aloha - John's Story, together.

The personal obituary was published in the Honolulu Star Bulletin on Wednesday of this week. Go to www.starbulletin.com to look up Dad's name and sign the guest book. Feel free to visit the website and leave some thoughts. A beautifully designed and colorful obituary was published in the Honolulu Advertiser on Thursday, though it is not viewable with its fancy background online (www.honoluluadvertiser.com).

No comments: