Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Moving Around

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

"Junior" (as he is affectionately known as since we don't have a name chosen just yet) has been busy kicking (often when Mom is eating.....mmm isn't nourishment a good thing?) and moves around a lot, often sticking his butt out so that my belly looks lopsided (He always has favored hibernating on the right side of my belly the entire pregnancy.), and it sometimes hurt because he's stretching my skin so much. Hence, my dad thinks a good name for him would be "Butthead" (affectionately named of course).

Since I'm showing now, more of my students are noticing my belly and asking if there's a baby in there. One of my first graders wanted to touch my belly and asked if the baby's warm or cold inside. They're all very excited.

I'm still getting over my cold that I had the entire two week Spring Break vacation. Probably not helping that I'm not getting as much sleep as I usually do, getting Dad ready for bed and getting him situated with the bi-pap and the television.

Plus I'm still behind on doing my report cards and taxes and wedding thank you notes. I simply have not had any uninterrupted time to do them.

It's been nice to have Dad's friends call and visit. Yesterday, he had people in and out all day, with his coworkers from the Parks & Rec bringing lunch by, and then a couple guys watching the Final Four in the afternoon, and then others staying for dinner. I took the afternoon and evening to totally dismantle my closet and reorganize. Productive (and yes, probably procrastinating on other things I need to do, but that needed to be done too.)

We had someone from Health Care Alternatives come by this afternoon to talk to us about the services they provide for home care, including everything from skilled nurses to ordering bulk medical supplies to post-mortem care. It's expensive (the cheapest nurse is $22 an hour), but could be very helpful. Plus, they're very familiar with working with ALS patients, so that's good.

Speaking of which, Dad wants to remind everyone not to forget to watch "Frontline" tonight (from 9 - 10:30 pm Hawai'i time) on PBS (Channel 10 in Hawai'i) for an ALS story.

No comments: