Monday, April 16, 2007

Moving Day

Monday, 16 April 2007

Bernice started moving Dad's things yesterday. I gave her a list of questions and requests that I needed for her to address to reassure me that Dad's care will not be compromised, from financial things to medical contacts to his will. She has planned to move Dad today around 11:30 am. I talked to Dad about my concern about moving him, and how we should do a test run and see if he can last without his bi-pap for about 5 minutes because it should take at least that long to transfer him from the house up 85 stairs to the car. He was stubborn though, and did not want to do a "test run". He said he has a "plan" although he would not tell me or my brother what his plan was.

Since his doctor and the Hospice staff are concerned that this move could weaken him further and be detrimental to his condition, thus refusing to provide assistance in moving him or his supplies, my brother (although off of work today) is refusing to help as well. He will go by, as will the social worker, to ensure that things are done safely, but not to help carry him or any of his things up the stairs.

When I left the house for work this morning, I told him I loved him and to be strong. We'll see what happens.

No comments: