Saturday, May 21, 2005

Hawai'i Bound

Sunday, 22 May 2005

Well, after some last minute splurges on fake Coach accessories, strawberry mochi and a kokeshi doll, I think I've done more than my share of contributing to the local economy here in Japan, and I'm using my last bit of yen to check my email here at the airport before I board my flight bound for Hawai'i. I saw Christina, Andrew, and baby Max off about an hour ago at their gate as they left for Seattle. Even though my nanny duties are over (all week, they had been referring to me as Max's nanny, rather than Aunty Tanya, since it was so fun to play with him and take care of him), it is sad to say goodbye to them.

I got the most sleep this vacation, since traveling with a 5 month old baby takes a little longer to get out and do things, even more so when we were stuck on the air force base (We couldn't access the shopette or leave the base without military ID). So, that meant a lot of watching American television shows like Oprah, Dr. Phil, The Tonight Show, and Saturday Night Live, when Christina's parents weren't chauffering us around town.

I am excited to get to Hawai'i though, and to see my dad. It's his 58th birthday tomorrow, so that will be perfect timing for a nice reunion (Plus I gain a day traveling back to the states, even though I'm sure I'll be jet lagged for about a week.). Photos from my last month of travel will be posted soon!!!!!

More posts to come:

* Teaching in Japan
* Aichi Expo in Nagoya
* Ise and the Onsen experience
* Akult Swallows Baseball Game

No comments: