Sunday, May 01, 2005

Weekend at the Beach

Sunday, 1 May 2005

Although it was a three hour long train ride there, and a grueling 4 hour train ride back with no air condition, more people than you can imagine, crowded into a hot space on a holiday weekend (I never do learn not to travel when Thais have holidays!)....I had fun at the beach at Cha-Am with Aw and her cousins and friends....There were 13 of us altogether, and we managed to squeeze ourselves into a 2 bedroom guesthouse, one of the only ones that could take us, as we forgot it was a long weekend..Had fun riding the Banana Boat yesterday (such a Thai thing to do), getting sped around the water by jet ski, and playing on inner tubes through the crashing waves. Woke up early for a beautiful sunset this morning, took many pictures of course, and was so surprised to see hundreds of people already playing in the water at 6 o'clock in the morning!

Got home just in time to check email, handwash my laundry, and get ready to leave at 7:30 am tomorrow for the airport as I head to Luang Prabang, Laos. I will be there for a week, and intend to meet up with fellow teacher Lynn Heller from Sanislo for dinner tomorrow. Don't have much time to update my blog these days, but I promise I have many awesome pictures to prove I've really been to all of these places! Until then..........

2 comments:

Teresa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Teresa said...

Oh, please give Lynn a warm "Hello" from me! It would be so nice to see a picture of her in her Cambodian surroundings on your blog.