Sunday, May 08, 2005

Leaving Bangkok for Tokyo

Monday, 9 May 2005

Got back yesterday from Laos, 4 of my student's families took me out for a last farewell dinner...stuffed ourselves with delicious seafood and my last huge Thai meal! Then came home to clean and pack. I'll be heading to the post office soon (after a relaxing time in cute restaurants, bookshops, and cafes this past week, I also managed to shop and so now I'll have to ship a box home so I don't need to trek with it to Japan!), and closing my bank account, and saying goodbye to friends. I'll try to find a ride into Bangkok tonight (and hopefully not do too much shopping!) as my flight to Tokyo leaves early tomorrow morning (6:45 am, which means I have to be at the airport at 4:45 am! Yikes!!!). I'll be heading with a backpack and a box of books. I'll be visiting friends teaching in Japan and then meeting up with Christina and Andrew and baby Max to visit her old stomping grounds and her relatives in Nagoya, Ise, and Yokota. I'll be landing home in Hawai'i on Sunday, May 22nd. Sad to see my travels come to an end, especially as the new school year starts next week at Bamrung, new teachers are arriving to teach in the English Program, and I won't be there to help start another year and see the kids grow. But I've had an amazing time, and I've grown so much myself this past year, and I'm anxious to get home to my Dad and family for the long road ahead.

No comments: