Saturday, May 28, 2005

Picture Perfect Drive

Friday, 27 May 2005

Ate lunch with Dad, and after watching a bit of baseball, we went to run errands and then drove around Hawai'i Kai area. We went past the famous Hanauma Bay and Sea Life Park, and stopped at the popular lookout points, the Blowhole, Sandy's Beach, and Makapu'u. I would take photos and then jump back in the van to show Dad the photos. He'd critique the shots, give me pointers of where else to position myself to get new shots, and then we'd drive on to the next place. It would have been too much for him to get out of the van each time (and I'm still working on my ability to lift and transfer him), so he would just sit with the door open while he waited for me. I forgot how beautiful Rabbit Island is and the waves are crashing against the rocks, with the sun shining against the mountains, blue skies all around. Tried to capture some action shots at Sandy's, the surfers and boogie boarders doing flips and tricks in the shore break.

We stopped by my Uncle Ralf's, a good buddy of my dad's. They usually go fishing on the boat on Fridays, but skipped today. Chatted with him and his son, Shannon, along with his two year old son, Colby, who were swimming in their little portable pool off the garage....On the way home, we stopped by to see Jay who was working a shift at the fire station. He was busy at work...polishing my dad's Harley (which he gave to my brother)! (=

Ate leftovers for dinner, chicken long rice I helped cook last night. It was a beautiful sunny, but breezy, day out, and although Dad was feeling weak today, I'm glad we were able to share a picture perfect drive together.

No comments: