Wednesday, July 13, 2005

The Cleaning is Neverending

Wednesday, 13 July 2005

Uncle Jimmy came over and we ran errands then went downtown to get Chinese food for lunch....won ton min, pig's feet soup, and choi sum.

Stayed up late washing dishes and cleaning cupboards. There are many bugs and creatures stuck to our dishes and crawling around in the cupboards! Disgusting!

My boxes from Seattle have started to arrive, two a day. Bet the postman just loves me! I've been opening them up to see what's inside, then storing them in the basement of my Uncle Gary's house, just 10 stairs down the hill versus 85 stairs. They all contain school books and teacher materials that I'll need to transport somewhere anyway once I find a job.

Speaking of which, I turned down a couple jobs already (a 3rd grade teaching position at Ala Wai Elementary and Special Ed Resource Room positions at Waikiki Elementary), mainly the ones that are starting in a couple of weeks. The principals were really nice, and they seemed like really good schools where I could help make a difference, but I have decided, after much talking with my family, that I should just take a half-time position for now. This will allow me to work mornings, but still get full insurance benefits. I don't really need the money right now, and that way, I can still help out with the caretaking of my dad.

No comments: