Saturday, July 02, 2005

Get Me Outta The Heat

Saturday, 2 July 2005

Jay dropped me off at yoga this morning on his way to work. I'm getting tired of dropping quarters in the meter every day. Besides, I thought it would be good to walk back up the hill. He he he. After being packed like sardines in yoga (there must have been about 40 people there in class today) and sweating like there's no tomorrow, I walked home. It only took about 15 - 20 minutes to walk up the steep mountain home. Took a shower, ate lunch, and lazed around a bit watching the tube, then decided to get out of the heat of the house and go to the beach. Went to Ala Moana and got my back sunburned as red as a lobster (That's what happens when there is no one to put sunscreen on my back....And, believe me, putting it on by myself is not a good idea, as the last time I did that, I ended up with two of my handprints on my shoulder blades.). After sweating like crazy, I decided I've had enough heat and already lost way too much water today, so I headed home.

Met my good friend from high school, Miya, and her friends for dinner. Enjoyed a full slab of Carolina Honey ribs at Tony Roma's. Yum. Got ice cream at Dave's in Kapahulu and gabbed at her house until 1 am.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

It is hotter than hades in Florence Italy too! We are having a wonderfultime but I sure would like to have a beach nearby like the ones in your pictures! Tomorrow we head to Vernazza which is on the water so I may get my wish but I dont think they are as nice and sandy as Hawaii. Ill let you know!