Tuesday, July 12, 2005

I'm an Overbrusher

Tuesday, 12 July 2005

Dad had his massage this morning. John, his masseuse, was sweet and brought over some fancy French desserts afterwards as a thank you.

Got my dad ready for the dentist. Although I don't have health insurance yet, my dad thought I should get my teeth cleaned, so I had an appointment as well. I was again told that I am an overbrusher and need to stop brushing my teeth so much (Gee, I wish my dentist told me that when I was a kid, so I didn't have to lie about flossing and brushing back then!). Uncle Bobby (my dentist and my dad's friend from college) said he would fashion a new mouthguard for me to help with my grinding teeth problem (which will, in turn, help release tension in my neck). Of course, when he did fashion a new piece by adding acrylic to my old one, I ended up grinding off all the pieces that night anyway.

With our squeky clean polished teeth, we went to get some plate lunches. My dad gorged on a chili dog plate from Rainbow's. I had never seen him eat so much! Two entire hot dogs, two scoops of rice, a scoop of macaroni salad, and heaps of chili piled on the whole plate, spilling over the edges of the box. We had to rush and "just eat a little", but he ate the whole entire thing in 15 minutes! (And, he says I was forcing it into his mouth!...He was the one opening his mouth and swallowing all the food!) It was quite funny.

We picked up Lindsey and her friend Kylle from summer school at Kamehameha, my old alma mater. I stopped by the elementary campus to drop off my resume with the principal, who happened to be the father of one of my classmates. Although he thanked me for stopping by and asked me about my experience, they must have already had someone in mind for the third grade teaching position, as I never got called in for an interview.

After Kamehameha, I took Lindsey and Kylle to a nearby cemetary, where we got eaten by mosquitoes while taking pictures of Hawaiian petroglyphs for her Hawaiian culture class. We had to park by one side of the cemetary, and walk down behind this rock wall. It was a rare find! I never even knew about it! Took some cool pictures, and then hiked back up as fast as we could, with our legs already eaten by all the mosquitoes.

No comments: