Thursday, July 14, 2005

Relaxing

Thursday, 14 July 2005

This morning, I went to a mid-morning yoga class, but called Dad before to make sure he was okay. He said that my brother went golfing....and I thought Jay was going to be with him all day, but Dad said it was okay to go to yoga. I brought over some noodles and dim sum from Kwong On, the cheap neighborhood Chinese place, and we enjoyed some lunch together. Then, I helped him stand up so he could exercise his legs. While holding onto the walker, he bent his knees, alternating legs, for a few minutes. I stood close by, making sure he didn't fall, as sometimes his knees buckle, but the recliner chair was right behind him, so he could fall back into it. We watched the suspense who-dunnit movie "Identity" and then I left to go home and get ready for dinner.

I met Chris, my dad's old girlfriend who was a big part of my life during my high school early college years, at her house. Her son Loren, his girlfriend Stella, and Chris and I went to Hale Vietnam for some yummy Vietnamese food. We chatted about teaching, my dad, and Thailand, as Stella is going to travel in Southeast Asia soon. I gave her some maps of Bangkok and other information of tourist things she may want to see.

Went to Kahala Mall Starbucks to study my prep book for the Praxis test that is coming up next week. My math still sucks.

Came home, and got hungry again, even though my pho did hit the spot. So, for dessert, I had poi and shoyu ahi poke. Mashed up taro root and spicy raw fish is not your typical dessert or late night snack, but for a local girl, it sure was ono!

No comments: