Saturday, June 23, 2007

Shower Visitors

Saturday, 23 June 2007

Some friends came and dropped by to give me shower gifts since we postponed the baby shower. Kai gave me a cool picture book I have never seen before. Auntie Cori and Auntie Bernice brought some children's books as well. Linh brought the box of blessing cards and bracelets that Maila made and sent from Seattle. In my favorite blue and chocolate brown combination are handmade cards,which people can leave their blessing for baby. Then, each person gets a bracelet to tie on her wrist to keep those blessings strong until baby comes. Linh gave me a cute little baby outfit, and Pua made a diaper cake. Jenn gave me a booster seat, nursing pads, breast milk organizer, and a baby monitor. Chris' mom, Audrey, gave me cute little brown and blue leather booties from their recent trip to Taos, New Mexico.

Jay and Shelly were busy cleaning and purging the living room of Dad's things. I must have seen Shelly walk up and down the stairs carrying things about ten times. I'm ready to purge my room of clothes, but that will have to wait until I am able to go home after the baby is born, as no one wants to touch my closet.

Chris' friend Vince bought a crib for us today, but we'll see. Chris went bike riding this afternoon, but there is still baby stuff all over the outside of Aunty Stevie/Uncle Gary's house, we still need to figure out if we can use one of the hand-me-down car seats, and I still need someone to "inspect" the baby room.

Okay, I'm hungry, and my husband is still out bike riding. Grrrr....Gotta go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

curse that husband! out riding his bicycle! chain him to the bed! beat him!