Friday, June 15, 2007

When Is Baby Coming Update

Friday, 15 June 2007

After we all got up at 3 am and Chris took Auntie Stevie, Uncle Gary, cousin Lauren, and her friend Kaui to the airport for Kaua'i, we slept a few hours until my 8 am doctor's appointment. My NST showed 3 contractions, every 15 minutes apart, two of the contractions being larger than the last. My next appointment with my OB was reassuring that I am where I need to be as far as getting "in the clear" with the baby's gestational age. Next week will make 34 weeks, which is a good milestone to reach. He's going to keep me on the Nifedipine to control my contractions until June 25th, then let nature take its course. After I go off the medication, it's possible that my regular contractions will continue and that I could realistically have the baby within 1 - 3 days after that point. So, we're looking at the last week of June, when I'll be 35 weeks, which is a good age for baby (37-40 weeks is full term). Of course, each additional day counts, but at that point we can get greedy if baby stays in the womb longer. Based on his kicking and moving action though, not sure if he'll stay in too much longer. Every time I get examined by a nurse or doctor, they're always commenting on how active he is. So, perhaps he'll be a 4th of July baby? We'll see. My friend Miya is throwing me a baby shower on the 23rd, so that'll be good timing. Then I need to corral all my hand-me-downs (borrowing a bassinet, crib, bottles, possibly an infant car seat if don't buy one in time) to make sure the house is ready.

Took care of some banking to finalize some of Dad's paperwork and close accounts as I know I'll be busy in coming months and don't want to forget about it. Even though Chris dropped me off near elevators and I didn't walk too much, I felt like I had contractions all afternoon.

Jay came home this afternoon, from a week-long volunteering experience at a MDA summer kids camp. I think he was the camp counselor for two kids in wheelchairs. He saw me in my aunt and uncle's house and said, "So, you still pregnant?". I think that's his brotherly way of asking how I am doing. He is a man of few words.

Friends Kai and Jason came over last night with pizza (and Chris made a fancy chicken salad - with no less than 5 ingredients as his dad taught him) and board games. We played The Settlers of Caton, which took nearly 3 1/2 hours, and a quick game of Taboo afterwards to clear our mind of the mush from all the complicated rules and strategic thinking of the previous German game. It was nice to have visitors corralled around my bed and do to something other than watch TV.

1 comment:

Christy said...

So in all this free time you have....where are the pregnant photos??? :) You're too far away to come visit myself but I'd love to see you and your little pooch! :) Hope you are well...thanks for keeping us so updated!! Christy Melton