Monday, June 18, 2007

Sometimes Women Need To Lend A Hand

Monday, 18 June 2007

Chris had to take off work again today to watch me as my friend Miya is taking care of her son who is sick with a contagious disease and this morning had to be admitted into the hospital. Poor thing! I hope he gets better soon!

Chris unloaded the truckload of baby stuff that our family friend Cindy gave us last night, then went again this morning to pick up another load of stuff. And I hear there is still one more load of stuff to get. But, not today. Chris is downstairs doing load after load of laundry in Dreft. I had him show me everything before he took it downstairs. At first he said, "It's just baby clothes!" But, I replied, "Hey, I don't get to nest and set up the baby stuff and organize, so I want to inventory and see what we're getting." And I had him show me each item through the window, including the baby bouncer, the car seat, the stroller, the boppy, etc. Yes, of course he's had to deal with my two cents on where to put things (as he's only a phone call away!), even though I have no idea what condition the room or house is in.

Me: "Do we have enough storage space? Keep the original packaging in case we need to give things back to Cindy. Unpack the diapers and wipes and put them on the same shelf. Unpack the bottles and nipples and put them with the sterilizer. Leave that stuff in the kitchen. Put the 0 - 3 months clothes in the drawers, but don't put the 3 - 6 months clothes in there if we don't have room. Make sure all the blankets and stuff are washed and put away. Do we need more storage tubs? No, I'm not going to have time to clean the house and open packages and wash clothes once the baby is born, so you need to do it now....please."

"And, yes, perhaps you can go mountain biking tonight. We'll see."

I think I may have to send my Auntie Stevie and cousin Lauren down to the house this week to help Chris with some feminine organization and direction. Not that I don't trust him, but you know, just to make sure everything is set because, again, I'm not going to have time to unpack and clean and wash things and organize things after we bring the baby home.

No comments: