Friday, June 22, 2007

Staying Strong


Friday, 22 June 2007

My NST this morning went well, with normal amniotic fluid levels and only 1 contraction in half an hour. Even the NST nurses noticed that my belly has gotten bigger, so that's good that Junior is growing. I can tell because he's been kicking my ribs, which hurts. I had my OB checkup next, and I was 3 pounds heavier than last week. So far, I've gained ten pounds since being on bedrest. That's what happens when you eat and sleep all day! My OB said that I could continue to take my Nifedipine (to stop the contractions) for a week more, when I'll be 35 weeks, then we'll go from there. Dr. Lin talked about the labor phases (which may go faster for me since I'm still prone to pre-term labor), filled out my school paperwork for leave of absence, talked about pediatricians (and his recommendations were in line with ours, so that's good), and told me not to give birth this weekend because he has cub scout duties with his son this weekend. Ha ha. I'm aiming for 4th of July or 7/7/07 anyway. I'm sure my body will decide for me though.

Chris and I went to visit baby Taiga in the pediatric ICU. Friends and family were there. It was very emotional and even Chris left with tears. Taiga had to be put on a ventilator in the middle of the night, and he is being force fed and was given a paralytic so that he can take everything in and not have his body fight it. Friends advised me not to look, but I did, and it was so sad to see this 1 1/2 year old hooked up to all of these devices in an isolated room, with a pastor talking to Miya. Gave her a hug before we left, and we're praying and keeping up hope and strength that Taiga's body will respond favorably to all that they're doing. His system needs to build up so they can do more testing to figure out what is wrong. Even though friends were willing to go through with my baby shower tomorrow, I called people and cancelled it. I think our focus should be on Taiga and Miya and Junji and their family. Please send good thoughts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A fresh white candle in a west window, with smoldering rosemary and white sage next to it to (hopefully) protect baby Taiga. A black candle to the southwest to suck the infection out of his body, and offer him healing. Don't be alarmed, this is a Wiccan practice, and this baby needs all the help he can get.