Monday, July 14, 2008

Chase's First Steps

Monday, 14 July 2008



Last week, he took maybe 2 steps for the first time. Today, he took 8-10 steps at the Halsalls (He was going after a book we kept moving along the carpet.) This afternoon, I tried to have him show Auntie Stevi what he could do, but he refused to perform and only took about 3 steps, before falling down and crawling after his monkey. Then, at home, around 6 pm tonight, I decided to take a video of his first steps. I stood him up and tried to get him to walk towards me. But, he only took 3-4 steps before falling to the floor and resuming his one knee crawl. He repeated this twice. Finally, on the third attempt, I have no idea what compelled him to keep going, but he followed me and the video camera all the way from the living room (He actually fell down once, but picked himself right back up and kept on walking), down our hallway, and even turned the corner to go into his room! At that point, I was frantically moving away toys from the floor with one hand (video camera in the other hand) to see how much further he would go. But, once on the alphabet mats, he had had enough and fell to his butt. It was so exciting though! From pretty much no steps this past week/weekend to walking about 30 feet on his very own!

I have a feeling that by the end of the week, we'll be chasing Chase around the house...And the next level of babyproofing begins.

No comments: