Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Last Day of Summer *sigh*

Wednesday, 23 July 2008

After spending Monday and Tuesday in the classroom, cleaning and organizing and putting paper and borders up (that has got to be the most tedious, time-consuming task), I decided that for my LAST DAY OF SUMMER *sigh*, I should take the day off and actually enjoy it with some friends.

So, Chase and I met Miya and Taiga, as well as Tracy and 3 month old Wade, at the mall. We enjoyed salads and pita bread. Chase had fun visiting with his buddy Taiga (They held hands and walked around) and admiring baby Wade's cool toys on his carseat. We talked baby talk. Ran into a bunch of other friends with their babies during Toddler Time with an art class going on (where I saw a high school classmate with her kids) and a coworker with her month old baby coming out of the Crybaby Matinee movie (I wish I had known...I would have loved to see "Mamma Mia" with them!). Also ran into another high school/college classmate with her 5 week old girl! Geez, it was just baby central today!

Since Chase wouldn't go down for a morning nap, he knocked out for a bit while we did stroller laps around the mall. But, of course he soon woke up as we ran into so many people. By the end of the afternoon, I had run into coworker friends who were on their lunch break from working in their classrooms..so of course we talked shop. *sigh* again

Played and visited with Auntie Stevi when we got home. Talked about how this is out last day of summer (as she works at an elementary school too) and wished each other a happy evening....*sigh*

Back to the grind tomorrow (At least the tendonitis in my wrist is getting better...now that I went to an orthopaedic doc, I know what to call it. But now I'm feeling a sore back and a pain in my neck. Geez I'm just falling apart. Must be the thought of school starting again.). At least it's a work day tomorrow, no kids or meetings. But, still....bye bye summer....*sigh*

No comments: