Sunday, July 06, 2008

A Family Day At The Beach

Sunday, 6 July 2008

Chase surprisingly slept in until 7:30 this morning, so alas, I missed yoga. I wanted to go to North Shore today to spend the day at my friend's beach house, but Chris had to finish some projects around the house and we weren't really prepared to go, nor did we have the time to travel there and back. I was getting cabin fever though and needed to get out of the heat of the house. We ended up spending the afternoon at Magic Island-Ala Moana Beach. Chase tried out his new turtle floater from Aunty Shelly and Uncle Jay. He wasn't too active in the water. He was either tired or hungry because he's been deprived of the boob. After he ate some food, he perked up a bit. We got Waiola's shave ice afterwards - always a nice treat after the beach! Cleaned up at home and then headed to the Halsalls for steak dinner. Talk about being hungry (must have been the sun and all that playing in the water)- I ate about half a bowl of boiled peanuts, a huge steak, a chicken breast, a huge baked potato, a corn on the cob, a salad, AND had a big slice of chocolate haupia pie for dessert. I'm suffering now because my stomach is SO full and bloated. I think I overate. Chase had fun playing in his familiar territory with all of his toys and the birds. And we had fun MAKING FUN of Chris and his obnoxiously loud and bright bike clothes (all on sale he says - and yeah, sometimes there's a REASON clothes are on sale...) that he pulled out of the closet to wear this week when he starts biking to work. He says they're so obnoxious so that people can see him on the road. You couldn't even pay me to wear those clothes! Or those glasses. But, poor Chase, we had to take a picture of him wearing Daddy's glasses. Got home close to 8:30 pm and promptly put the sleepy head to bed. It sure was nice to have a "family" day today. Can't remember the last time Chris, Chase, and I went out and did something. Will have to do something fun again next weekend. My days are numbered as the start of the new school year is right around the corner!

No comments: