Tuesday, July 29, 2008

First Day Of School

Tuesday, 29 July 2008

Today was the first day of school. We tested kindergarten students and met new parents. I'll be doing this all week, so it was pretty uneventful. Since I'm not a classroom teacher, the first day of school is not as exciting for me.

Today was also the first day for Chase to be at Miya's since school ended 7 weeks ago (and the first time she has a "walking Chase" vs. a crawling Chase). She said he was really good. He enjoyed carrying a ball and walking around their kitchen island numerous times. He ate lots of food, and the boys would fully entertain themselves when faced towards each other in their high chairs. Chase would burp, and Taiga would laugh. Taiga would fart, and Chase would laugh. They did the "Incredible Hulk" in unison together (clenching their fists, gritting their teeth, and shaking). They had a lot of fun together.

Miya dressed Chase in Taiga's old clothes - an Elmo shirt and blue/red Robeez. We went to the mall after to enjoy the A/C...Chase had fun doing laps all over the mall. Everyone smiled at him because he was just in his own little world, walking and talking and laughing.

I pushed myself in yoga tonight (and probably shouldn't have since my lower back was already sore from the weekend). Now my back is even more sore. I need to remember that I'm not as flexible as I used to be.

No comments: