Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Leaky Pipes

Wednesday, 10 September 2008

Today was a day of leaky pipes.

Though I wished I could sleep all day, I worked all day with a sneezy, runny nose and tissue in my hand. I picked up pho for myself and Miya. Since Chase fell asleep in the car, we went to check out the new Whole Foods. Our first one on the island just opened today at Kahala Mall, close to home, replacing the Star Market grocery store that was there previously. Of course like any new thing that opens in Hawai'i, everyone flocked there for the grand opening. So the aisles were jam-packed. I just looked around, got some samples, tried a smoothie from the cafe, and picked up menus from their To Go section. The prices seem okay for a mainland store. I wouldn't buy all my groceries there, but it's nice to see a lot of local vendors selling products there.

Chase missed out on the whole thing (no pun intended). He woke up when we got home an hour later. We came home to a wet kitchen floor and a flooded cabinet under the sink. It's a good thing I have family as neighbors. Uncle Ray came to the rescue to fix and replace the rusted pipes. Uncle Gary had to stop at the hardware store for us. An hour or so later (I don't know because I was sleeping), we had new drain pipes for our kitchen sink.

I had to wake Chase up at 11 pm to nurse him because I was super engorged. I've noticed this at yoga too. I guess my supply is up. It wasn't the only thing leaking today.

No comments: