Monday, September 01, 2008

Tumbling To The Zoo

Monday, 1 September 2008

Chase took a tumble off the bed this morning. In our usual morning slumber, I always try to corral Chase towards the middle of the bed because he is always jumping and bouncing and kicking around while we're trying to wake up/sleep. Suddenly, he bounced right off the bed, and fell in between the bed and the desk. He was not hurt, but more shocked from falling. Minutes after we consoled him, he started bouncing all over again. That's why my mom used to tell us "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!" Yeah, that woke us up and got us up out of bed real fast.

I decided to go to 9 am yoga after my long hiatus of a couple of weeks. My back and hip pain are gone, so I figured I could ease back into it this Labor Day. It was a good practice. I stayed in the back row and did my own thing (though the teacher scolded me once for cheating on triangle pose..eh, who cares). I didn't push it today, and rested when my back was sore.

This afternoon, we went to the zoo. The last time we went, we didn't get to visit the Keiki Zoo, so we took Chase there today. He absolutely loved the pigs, tippy-toeing over the fence and pointing at them. He probably thought they are his own personal pets since we have them all over our mountain of a yard, though ours aren't quite as cute. We went to pet the goats, and though he was interested, by pointing and grunting at them, he wasn't quite brave enough to pet them on his own. We were a bit disappointed by the petting zoo. Although it has been remodeled, it doesn't seem like there are as many animals you can pet, like when we were kids. The best part of the day for Chase was probably playing in the dirt and grass with sticks and rocks. Even the playground full of kids couldn't steal him away from his sticks.

We went across the street to the Waikiki beach to wait for the Parade of Champions. Since the Waipi'o baseball team won the 2008 Little League World Series, we were anticipating a huge parade down Kalakaua Avenue. Once again, Chase enjoyed playing in the dirt and people watching. But, after an hour of waiting to just see a line of radio station cars, the Boy Scouts, and a poopy diaper (and his bad parents left the diapers and wipes in the car), we decided to get Chase home, fed, and ready for bed.

Hopefully, no more tumbles this time.

No comments: