Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day


Tuesday, 4 November 2008

I was regretting not turning in my absentee application so that I could have voted already. But, it's really not that big of a deal since Hawai'i made today a state holiday. So, I didn't have to work anyway and find time to vote. It was nice to not have to rush and get ready this morning. I actually had time to eat breakfast (not that I slept in or anything), and Chris took Chase to his parents' on his way to work (yeah, poor guy still has to work). I went to 9 am yoga, came home and ate lunch, then headed out to vote. I could have walked the several loops up the hill, but I decided to drive (after all, I sweated enough already this morning). Then I worried about finding parking at the small little park, but luckily one of the three stalls was free. To make it even better, there were no lines to vote. My friends working there said I chose a great time to vote because it was slow.

Half an hour later, I'm back home, deciding what to do with my day. Chase is at the Halsalls, and geez, I could go shopping or clean the house. Shopping it is. I hear I can get free coffee at Starbucks (not that I really drink coffee) and get free ice cream at Ben & Jerry's this afternoon, just for voting. Wow, life is rough.

So, who did you vote for to be the future president?

No comments: