Saturday, November 15, 2008

"Yes?"

Saturday, 15 November 2008

Chase has been sleeping so good, that I successfully snuck out of the house at 6:45 am so that I could get to 7 am yoga on time without him realizing I was gone. It was a productive rest of the day around the house, which was fine since it turned out to be a wet day. I wanted to take Chase to a couple of school fairs around town, but once we got working on our house chores, time just flew by. While I did load after load of laundry (I think I did about 5 altogether), Chris took Chase to Home Depot to get a new sprinkler system for the yard and those ring things and dishes for the stove burners. While Chris was cleaning the bathrooms, I took Chase up to Auntie Stevi's so he wouldn't be in the way. He had fun playing with trucks and blocks and his car ride-on toy. He also had fun trying to run away from me as I tried to take out the piece of lint he was sucking on in his mouth.

Speaking of sucking, he's been doing less of the boob this week. Much less. I think he tried once today, but only for a couple of seconds each side, before he returned to playing. So, I think he's weaning himself, and I'm drying up. He's been wanting more and more milk from his 4 oz. Dr. Brown's bottle. He drank about 5 bottles today. His favorite word these days is "Yes?" He'll point to something or just look at me and nod his head repeatedly and say, "Yes?" in that cute little voice with his high inflection. He'll say "Yes?" to just about anything, whether it be a book he wants me to read to him, a drink he wants, or a food he wants. He says it before I even ask him a question! Guess he knows that if I ask if he wants food, something to drink, or if he wants to read, he'll most likely answer "Yes?".

No comments: