Monday, December 15, 2008

Funny Chase

Monday, 15 December 2008

Chase was in an incredibly good mood this afternoon/evening. I didn't pick him up from the sitter until almost 4 pm since I had to attend an IEP meeting at school. We went to the mall to check out KB Toys, who was having 30% off the whole store due to its soon-to-be-closing. Chase has always admired the little pig that oinks and moves its tail and walks. I wanted to get him a doggie one since he loves dogs so much. I asked the cashier to put in batteries for me so I could test it out (since the dog that flips over scares Chase). This one worked out. Chase didn't even let me put it in the box. He held it and hugged it the whole time, during grocery shopping, in the car ride home, and of course, once we got home, he just threw it on the ground once he saw all his other toys. I put the dog back in its box and wrapped it up, adding it to the collection of other presents for Chase. Yeah, he's not spoiled at all. He's only got about a dozen boxes under the tree...And that's just from our household.

We had fun playing during dinner. I'd lean my head to the right. He'd lean his head to the left. He'd start dancing in his highchair when he heard music. He was in such a good mood that I was able to cook and prep dinner AND wash dishes, while feeding him. He had fun saying the word "rice", really enunciating the "s" sound. He watched me pour the rice in the rice pot, wash the rice, and when it was done, he pointed to it immediately, and asked, "Rice?". It's nice that he feeds himself now. He loves using his fork and spoon to feed himself. The only mishap was that he dropped a plate that had food on it...and it wasn't a childproof plate. It was one of our nice salad plates. But, oh well. That's what I get for not watching him more carefully. It probably won't be the last plate to go.

Chase was super funny in the bath too (and he kept saying the word "bath", really enunciating the "th" sound.) He must have spent 20-30 minutes in the bath. He had fun playing with containers, filling them up with water, drinking the water, blowing bubbles in the water, and making towers (then hitting them down of course). He covered his ears with his cups, like ear muffs. Then he handed them to me to try. He just laughed and laughed as we went through every color cup there was.

He went down really easy. I ate dinner, wrapped more gifts, and watched Anthony Bourdain until Chris got home from work(s). The only thing that sucks now is that my allergies are driving me nuts. There has been so much rain that everything is blooming and growing now. Plus, there's probably a lot of moisture and mold around. Everything I'm allergic too. Great.

Plus, there have been lots of black ants around the house lately. After putting Chase to bed, I spent an hour on my hands and knees, spraying Simple Green around the kitchen floor killing ants that were devouring crumbs from Chase's dinner. Then, I discovered a container full of ants. It wasn't washed good. Guess all the rain we've been having are driving the ants indoors. I HATE ANTS.

No comments: