Friday, May 12, 2006

Back to Normal

Friday, 12 May 2006

Yesterday afternoon, we safely delivered my dad back to my stepmom's house. So, today, it was "back to normal" at her house. My brother and I hung out with dad, ate lunch together, bathed him, and had visitors come by. Jennifer, the Health Services Coordinator for MDA, dropped off a couple of books for us. This woman who lost her husband to ALS at age 35 wrote a book of her experiences as a full-time caregiver after her near-fatal suicide attempt. Terry Wise will be the keynote speaker at the annual ALS seminar in a couple of weeks. My dad and I are going to read the book before we see her.

Tonight, I headed to Honolulu Country Club for a banquet dinner. The dinner was to honor the ESLL teachers of the year. It was a great dinner, full entertaining speeches, a Chinese lion dance, and lots of door prizes. Plus, I got to see other colleagues and see what great things teachers are doing in their ESLL classes.

Today is my friend Joel's birthday! Happy Birthday! (He was too tired to out....must be getting old!)

No comments: