Monday, May 01, 2006

The Ending and a New Beginning

Monday, 1 May 2006

Today was the end of a relationship and the start of a new month, a new beginning. That first part always kind of sucks, especially when I come home to find my stuff on my uncle's doorstep. At least Mike brought my stuff over and carried them down the first set of ten stairs...Now I just need to carry them down another 70 or so more stairs. Although I haven't seen him in the past 2 weeks, we had that last talk, that closure talk, and that was that.

Kind of overshadowed the whole May Day thing. When I was in elementary school, May Day was such a big thing. Each class did a hula or dance and there was a May Day court (in fact, in 6th grade, at my school, I was the May Day Queen.). But, my school doesn't really do that anymore. And, I even forgot about the Lei Day celebrations at Kapi'olani Park. All those beautiful flowers, people competing to make the best lei, and the crowning of the Lei Day Queen.

Guess I just had other things on my mind.

No comments: