Friday, May 26, 2006

Friday with Friends

Friday, 26 May 2006

Had a workshop today on math strategies with the entire staff. Went to Dad's after and fed him "L.O's" as he calls it. There weren't enough "L.O.'s" (leftovers) for the both of us, so he made me eat them and make him a cup-o-noodle instead. He called me stubborn as we argued who would get the "L.O.'s". As I blew on the hot noodle soup before I served it to him, he scolded me for getting my germs on it. He said my brother does the same thing. But I questioned him on it, saying, "Isn't that what you do to cool off food? That's what you did for me when I was a kid." But he claimed "parental germs" are different. Go figure!

My good high school friend David came by to visit as he's here for the weekend from California. He gave me a beautiful necklace he carved from cow bone. I showered Dad, and David was impressed with my transferring abilities. Says he'll have to do strength training with me so I can start doing squats and other lifts.

I joined him and his friends for some delicious Hawaiian food at Ono's. Then we went to Bar 35 downtown for drinks. Had one drink and a shot. That's a lot for me! Thank goodness for the Pepcid AC I took prior! Stopped at Miya's afterwards to visit them as the gang played poker and Nicholas entertained himself and us by hiding in an empty box.

It's been so hot and humid lately, with hardly any breeze. Think summer is here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tanya ~ I've finally caught up and now am back to reading a few days of your blog at a time. Thank you very much for keeping at this to share wih me and the others of us who want to know how you and your family, and especially your dad, are doing. Sounds like you've had some more interesting/challenging experiences and you are all making this special time with your dad really count. It's so nice to know your dad's sense of humor and practical/matter-of-factness are intact! Hang in there! Cheers ~ RozY.