Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A Day Spent with Friends

Tuesday, 16 May 2006

After work today, I drove to Kai and Jason's house on Round Top to eat lunch. We enjoyed Zippy's chili and rice, salad, and fresh carrot juice on her deck, while commenting on the "cool" weather we're having (It was 65 degrees this morning.). She showed me her new addtions to the studio and the slideshow she made of their February Japan trip. We talked about her "business" ventures selling stuff on EBay, and how she has converted different areas of the studio to the "business". It was nice to catch up and relax.

I went to relieve my brother at Dad's, and showered and got him ready for Lindsey's basketball game, as Kamehameha competes in the State Tournament tonight. I met Nina at Phuket Thai. I thought it was fitting, as we last spent time together in Thailand when she came to visit me a year ago. We enjoyed some favorite dishes, while talking wedding stuff. She showed me a sample of the bridesmaid dress she would like to sew, and I showed her a variety of wedding invitations I've collected over the years. We talked wedding details for a few hours, (I'll be one of her bridesmaids this September) and caught up on friends as well, since I haven't seen her in six months.

Although I didn't go to yoga tonight, I felt like I got so much done, and I wasn't as tired as I usually am when I come home from my dad's. Sometimes it's just nice to get respite and spend a day hanging out with friends.

No comments: