Monday, May 29, 2006

Binging on Toxins

Monday, 29 May 2006

It was a busy weekend full of visiting and hanging out with friends. After yoga on Saturday, I hung out at home, until it got so hot and humid that I had to leave the house and go to the air-conditioned mall to sit and Starbucks and work on my computer. Went to hang out with Miya and the kids at Jenn's house while the adults played poker. Much slobber and cleaning up legos later, I headed out with some adults myself. I met some teacher coworkers, who are much younger partygoers than I am, at a bar downtown. We soon found ourselves in Waikiki, bar hopping to some of their favorites, which included an Irish bar, a country bar, and a hip hop bar, until the wee hours of morning. Ah, what fun it is to pretend I am 23 again! Too bad the fellas I met were only 23 too!

Sunday, I slept in past the 7 am and 9 am yoga class, but made it to the 11 am class. Good to get all those toxins out! That night, David and I went to eat at Big City Diner (Just to put more toxins in my body...Gotta love that big brownie sundae!) and then saw the movie "X-Men". Although I enjoyed the movie, I am finally learning that buttery movie popcorn is a toxin that my body does not like.

Today, hung out with Miya and baby Taiga in the afternoon, catching up with TV shows we missed and other friends that stopped by. Then, I took my tripod and cameras over to Ala Moana Beach Park for the annual Lantern Floating festival, a Japanese Buddhist ceremony. David met me there, and we took many many pictures starting at sunset until dusk. There were many other photographers out there trying to capture the beautiful ceremony. The lanterns, lit in memory of those who have passed, were set out to sea by individuals and by canoes. Hopefully, I can get my computer working so that I can finally post my hundreds of pictures that have been missing from my posts over the past months!

No comments: