Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Happy 59th Birthday, Dad!

Tuesday, 23 May 2006

Today is my dad's 59th birthday! We had a mellow celebration. My Uncle Gary brought over dim sum for lunch, and Liliha Bakery cocoa puffs for dessert (always a treat!). My brother and I then took my dad to a movie...and his buddy, Glen, joined us as he pulled up to our driveway to visit right as we were leaving...Great timing! We went to see "The DaVinci Code", which I thoroughly enjoyed. After too much buttery popcorn, Frank and Sharon and their son Gavin came over for dinner. My stepmom got Korean barbeque from Gina's restaurant, and we pigged out. Then, sang "Happy Birthday" and enjoyed chocolate cake and ice cream...and of course cocoa puffs. He didn't want any gifts, but my stepsister Lindsey made him a decoupage box with a painting of surfers on the front. He also got some tank tops. It was a nice day spent with friends and family. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD!!

And, this also makes 1 year since I've moved to Hawai'i (last year, I arrived from Bangkok the day before my dad's birthday!).

No comments: