Sunday, August 13, 2006

Baby Food Jars Galore

Friday, 11 August 2006

Perhaps the consecutive days of yoga is catching up with me. After 6 am yoga, school, then getting Kwong On Chinese food for lunch and feeding dad, I passed out on the couch for a couple hours while watching TV. I was almost going to go out with Carl tonight, but he was exhausted too, so I just vegged out at home, went to sleep early, and got ready for my busy weekend. If I don't waste away from yoga, I'll have to put together 100 baby birthday favors, which involves cleaning baby food jars, making a label, and gluing them to the jar, and figuring out games and getting favors and gifts for Nina's bridal shower/bachelorette party.

Saturday, 12 August 2006

Chatted with Maila about pregnancy and baby names before 7 am yoga class. Craig, the Director of Education for Bikram Teacher Training will be here next week to do a yoga clinic and class. Too bad my Saturday is fully booked. Not sure I can swing it. Washed a bunch of yoga clothes and towels, went shopping for bridal shower goodies, then brought W & M burgers and went to bring them over to Miya and Junji. She helped me clean baby food jars, and I got to play with Taiga a bit before picking up fifty more jars at Jenn's and heading home to clean those. Midway through, I burned my hand with hot, scalding water, so I sat the rest of the evening watching Nip/Tuck reruns with a blistered pinky and my right hand submerged in a bowl of cold ice water. Made some phone calls, but with my hand in pain, decided it would be an evening in. As I was glued to the TV, I suddenly looked down, and noticed tons of "termites" hanging onto the lip of the cd player. I called Jay to check it out, and swatted at them. Jay brought over a bowl of water to drown them in, and before you know it, he was power drilling open the cd player, after which we discovered maggot looking nests and eggs INSIDE the cd player! Hundreds of carpenter ants and other winged ants (what I thought were termites) scurried out, but not too long before I COMBATted them to smithereens. Gross. Absolutely disgusting. I threw the cd player away.

Sunday, 13 August 2006

Thank goodness I have friends who have babies. I spent the day organizing baby food jars. After yoga wiped me out again this morning, I ate a whole head of lettuce (in the form of chicken salad), and vegged out in front of the TV and computer. I spent the time organizing pictures and working on the baby favors. Met Carl for dinner. We stumbled upon a Brazilian BBQ place, ,which had a buffet. We flipped the knob over the green whenever we wanted meat, and the server would come to our table and carve off lamb, pork, chicken, steak, and sausage. It was great, for the carnivore I am, but boy did my stomach feel heavy after that. We shared our dating stories and ended up sharing espresso biscotti ice cream at Bubbies for dessert. I hope he gets good at salsa so that we can go dancing soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carpenter ant infestation, UGH! Gross for sure!