Saturday, August 19, 2006

A Baby Party And A Not-So Baby Party

Saturday, 19 August 2006

Caught up with my friend Marissa on the phone (always a good time to catch up with Seattle friends) before 7 am yoga. Picked up the LCD projector for the slideshow for the party, shopped for drink goodies, then went to help setup and man the reception table at Adam's baby lu'au. Enjoyed Hawaiian food and live music with my old high school buddies and my dad and stepmom. Chris and David's mom gave me a nice lei for helping (which I passed on to Nina later on this evening).

Tried to check out the yoga postures clinic today, but I was too late, and the door was locked, so I continued with my errands, bought alcohol, cooked some appetizers, and then headed off to Kane'ohe for Nina's Kama Sutra party. Although people came on "Hawaiian Time", we had fun playing games and exploring our fun sensual selves. I had fun making martinis, enjoyed the chocolate fondue fountain, and Lara's margarita pie was a hit! It was great to see Kristin again, my good friend from high school I haven't seen in years! Nina made some sweet favors with heart shaped cakes surrounded by chocolate covered strawberries in margarita glasses and sent us home with a bottle of champagne. Although the chocolate fountain was a pain to clean, it was definitely a hit, and we all went home with some lovely goodies (shhh! I'm not telling those details!)...

No comments: