Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Heartfelt Dinner

Tuesday, 15 August 2006

After the afternoon with Dad, I went to meet Chris for dinner. Since I moved home last year, we have made it a tradition to go out about once a month to catch up. It's always on a Tuesday, at California Pizza Kitchen, at 5:30 pm. Worked out perfectly so I could eat my chicken salad and still go to yoga at 8:15 pm. We caught up on my Dad's condition, and for a second time we both teared up. I told her how the doctor told my dad on Saturday that he probably has six months to about a year before he needs a ventilator, and we already know he doesn't want a vent. Since she works for Hospice, she encouraged me to tell him to take up their services, for they can offer a lot of support for the family as well. We caught up on school, looked at the latest adorable pictures of her first grandchild, and promised that we'd try to arrange a visit with my dad soon. She mentioned how I will be a changed person, a stronger individual, and how she always feels so bad that our family is having to go through something like this. Chris was a very influential and supportive person in our lives, especially during my high school years, so I know it would mean a lot for her to see Dad.

No comments: