Thursday, June 23, 2005

A Day of Pampering

Thursday, 23 June 2005

Caught the bus downtown to meet cousin Steph for a quick lunch at Il Fornaio in Pacific Place. Decided to use my Gene Juarez gift certificate today and treat myself to a day of pampering. It was initially just one thing I was going in for, and then all of a sudden, I was having a much needed relaxing facial and eyebrow waxing as well. I splurged on some skin care products, but ever since I've been traveling between extreme climates, I've been needing it, so that's how I rationalize it anyway. So much for my being disgusted with materialistic America. I just contributed to it...but, hey, I deserve it right?

Went to dinner with teacher friends, Cathy Thompson, her daughter Kristin, and Katie, at Endolyne Joe's in West Seattle. Katie and I caught up as we drove in commute traffic from North Seattle to West Seattle, talking about her wonderful year with heavenly students and over a dozen volunteer parents...a complete change from our year before when we both taught at the same school. We gabbed and gossipped with the gals about teaching stuff and teaching colleagues, while enjoying our exotic cocktails, dinner, and two scrumptous desserts. Cathy was generous to treat us to dinner, and then we bid farewell for now, but promised to keep in touch via email. It's always nice to enjoy good food and good conversation with friends.

No comments: