Wednesday, June 22, 2005

A Full Day

Wednesday, 22 June 2005

In the frenzy of loading the garbage bags of clothes and shoes into the car, amidst raindrops in the suddenly drastic change of weather, I started driving up the road to take Marissa to work. We crossed the intersection, and I heard a noise. Suddenly, she says, "Oh, your Nalgene bottle!" My Nalgene bottle, which has been all the way around Southeast Asia and back, had been nicely propped on the roof of the car before I drove off, had traveled nicely up the hill, and as soon as the Nissan leveled out, the blue water bottle had rolled off the edge and down the street, dodging cars and rolling curbside. Marissa rescued my bottle, and with only a little knicks from our morning adventure, we were well on our way.

After dropping Marissa off at the office in the U-District, I went to Goodwill to drop off some bags of clothes. Then, I headed back home to organize and arrange my things in the garage. After unpacking and repacking boxes a little more, my hairstylist called to fit me in a last minute, much needed hair appointment. I headed off in late afternoon commute traffic to Renton to get about six inches of locks chopped and highlighted, then drove to my friend
Maila's house for dinner. She and her husband Lyon recently moved into their newly purchased first abode. We caught up over take-out Indian food, talking about my travels, got the tour of the house and property, then watched the movie "Fever Pitch".

Went to meet Marissa and friends at Eastlake Bar and Grill to celebrate roommate Dave's 29th birthday, catching up with more friends and talking about India and Hawai'i with new ones.

No comments: