Saturday, June 18, 2005

First Full Day in Seattle

Saturday, 18 June 2005

Woke up at Marissa's this morning and started opening my boxes in the basement and throwing out clothes. By the end of the morning, I had 6 garbage bags full of clothes to donate. It was fairly easy to gt rid of stuff, as most of the clothes I can't use in the tropical weather of Hawai'i. Went to meet Teresa for a pedicure. Teresa, who teaches kindergarten at Sanislo, where I used to teach, and her daughter Anna Rae (living abroad in France this past year) have been faithful readers of my blog. Seeing her house and her beautiful garden in person was cool, as I've only seen pictures on her blog. We caught up all afternoon, and Sharon, another fellow kindergarten teacher friend, came to join in on the conversation.

Went to my cousin Steph's house after that to see my brother Jay and his girlfriend Toni who drove up from Portland. We all went to eat Thai food at my favorite restaurant in West Seattle, called Buddha Ruska, (my first Thai meal since coming back from Thailand), then we hit the town (minus my pregnant cousin Steph). Michael, Steph's husband, took us to Bada Lounge in Belltown to meet some friends, then we headed on to Des Amis in Capitol Hill, near where I used to live last year. We closed down the bar as we chatted with Dawit, Michael's friend who owns the bar. I crashed that night at Steph and Michael's in West Seattle. My brother Jay had fun. When he was last here as a student his freshman year at UW, he didn't quite get to see the nightlife and city of Seattle, with such great weather. He had fun and saw what a great city Seattle is and why I like it.

No comments: