Monday, June 19, 2006

Am I Lost Or What?!

Monday, 19 June 2006

"Happy Birthday, Mom!"...I managed to leave a message on her cell phone to wish her a great day as I drove aimlessly in the wrong direction, after drove through commute traffic, got off the wrong freeway exit, and then had to head back in traffic going the other direction, just to turn around again and get to where I needed to be. A phone call to my brother and dad later, several wrong turns, waiting for construction workers to get out of my way, with the A/C blasting out my frustration, I arrived at my teacher workshop at 9:35 am. The workshop started at 8:30 am. I apologized to the teacher and had a great day of learning anyway. You would think that I know my way around Hawai'i, but yes, I am a true "townie" and having lived most of my driving days in Seattle, I know Seattle roads better than roads on O'ahu. And, with a five minute commute to my school, and to my dad's house, I really don't go very far, never have to get on a freeway, and never deal with commute traffic on a daily basis. Now I know..allow at least an hour to get anywhere in the morning!

I met some nice teachers and recognized some faces, but this workshop is mostly for teachers in another region, but I always enjoy meeting new people anyway. One gal teased me about my unappetizing-looking snacks, my plain yogurt and my carrot/apple juice. Told her I'm on a health kick right now. So I just grossed her out with my snacking.

Went to Savers afterwards to drop off some boxes of donated goods from my successful day of cleaning (Actually the boxes have been ready to go for months, but neither my brother or I have made the time or effort to carry them up the stairs.), then headed to my dad's to relieve Jay.

We all went out for Japanese food for dinner at Gyutaku. Stuffed ourselves, then had TCBY yogurt for dessert. A perfect way to celebrate our belated Father's Day!

No comments: