Sunday, June 04, 2006

Appreciating the Day

Sunday, 4 June 2006

Went to Dad's by 9 am and got him out of bed. It's been awhile since I did this routine, but it went well now that I am confident in my lifting and transferring skills. Made him breakfast, flipped the pages of the newspaper for him, and then watched some golf on TV. We decided to go to a 1 pm matinee at the Restaurant Row 50 cent theatres. We watched "The Benchwarmers," not our first pick of a movie, but for 50 cents, you can't go wrong. At least we were in air-condition on this hot, humid day. I left his house at 3:30 pm when Bernice and Lindsey got home from the all-day basketball clinic they were at today.

Just in time to consider going to yoga. Rarely do I go to the 4:30 pm yoga class because it's so darn hot out, so why would I want to enter a 100 degree room? But, since I missed the 7 am class this morning, I knew my body would regret it if I didn't go, so I had a great class. Good thing there were only about ten people in class because it was 104 degrees, with the windows open!

Had a nice chat with a regular Eliza afterwards about our lives, yoga, business ventures, adopting children, and considering going through teacher training when Bikram comes this September. Turns out she lives at the bottom of my street too! Funny how you see the same people for weeks and months in a row, only to find out you're practically neighbors! She offered her support for my dad. It's so nice to make new friends!

While watching TV tonight, I was surprised to hear some booming outside. Went out on the lanai and noticed a beautiful display of fireworks in Waikiki. Probably from the Hilton Hawaiian Village hotel or something. How nice it is to just look out the door from the couch, step out onto the lanai, and watch a ten minute fireworks display. Took some pictures to add to my collection, and just appreciated what a wonderful place I live. What a splendid day!

No comments: