Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A Well Spent Day Off

Wednesday, 28 June 2006

Today I had a day off since Dad had a doctor's appointment. So, after my brother got my dad out of bed and watched him in the morning, my stepmom took the afternoon off from work. I spent the day having a great workout at yoga in the morning (this time I took two advil just in case, as I worked through pain yesterday). I met Miya and baby Taiga for lunch at Jimbo's for tempura udon. We went to her chiropracter's appointment and doctor's to get xrays for her tweaked back. She threw out her back the other day and lifting the baby in and out of the car has strained her back, so I helped her today by doing all the lifting and transferring and watching the baby while she was being examined by the doctor.

Joel picked me up at 5 pm, and although I felt underdressed in my tank top and shorts and slippers, we headed to a fundraiser at Rumours Nightclub. The attire ended up being fine as he remarked that the crowd was the epitomy of "Hawai'is blue collar class", supporting a softball team fundraising event. We munched on pupus, listened to people get door prizes, talked about dating stories, and drank strawberry margaritas. We then headed off to Nashville, a country bar (probably the only one here) in Waikiki, to pick up Joel's mom who teaches line dancing there on Wednesday nights. We saw his brother Adam there too who dj's there, and other friends, who hooked us up with drinks. We had fun doing a few line dances to Steve Earle's "Copperhead Road" and another slower one to "Black Velvet". It was so much fun. I told Joel we have to come back every Wednesday. His mom's a good teacher, and she's been teaching there for over 5 years. She has quite a following.

They dropped me off at Miya's to pick up my truck, and I visited with them while I sobered up from my evening out before heading home. It was a fun day!

No comments: