Thursday, June 29, 2006

Changes in Life

Thursday, 29 June 2006

My dad and I got this on a recent email and he joked that I should put this as my outgoing message on my voicemail...

"I am not available right now, but thank you for caring enough to call. I am making some changes in my life. Please leave a message after the beep. If I do not return your call, you are one of the changes."

Funny.

Here are some recent changes I read about in the news today:

* The Sleater-Kinney band is going on an indefinite hiatus, finishing up their summer concerts and then, that's it. That's too bad. The last time I saw them in concert was at the Showbox in Seattle a couple of years ago.

* As mentioned in this month's issue of Time as well, we are becoming more isolated individuals in society with the increased usage of emails and text messaging. People have less close knit friendships, so it is becoming more important for individuals to make the effort to reach out to family and friends.

No comments: