Friday, June 02, 2006

The Weekend of Fun Has Just Begun

Friday, 2 June 2006

Time to celebrate now that school is pretty much over for me. I turned in my report cards today, gave the kids back their work and will spend next week cleaning (school doesn't officially end until June 8th), organizing, and purging things in preparation for summer and the next school year.

Went to the gallery art walk for First Friday with Joel. We walked around downtown for this once a month event, where art galleries open their doors to display artists' work and trendy bars also open their doors to attract patrons. It's a great people watching event, and tonight, we ran into some classmates I haven't seen since high school. One is now married to a politician and thinking of sending her daughter to Kahala for school next year, and the other is now an artist selling her oil canvas abstract paintings for $5,000 a piece. Saw friends of my brother's, had a drink at my new favorite place, Bar 35, and then Joel and I went to eat late night dim sum at Panda's.

No comments: