Monday, September 18, 2006

At the Beachhouse

Monday, 18 September 2006

Decided to take off of work today and stay another night at the beachhouse. It was so relaxing, and technically, well, I was still sick.

Suzette woke me up at 7 am yesterday to look at the horses that were right outside our window. We had stayed at one of three beachhouses Nina had rented, this one being on the ranch side. Somehow, she convinced me to walk on the beach, although I think I probably was still half-asleep. The sand felt so good on my sore bare feet!

The rest of Sunday afternoon was spent lying on the beach by myself for three hours! I fell into a deep sleep, as did Noe, the maid of honor, who was sleeping on the couch. The rest of Nina's relatives had taken the kids on pony rides at the ranch and to ride ATV's around Kualoa ranch. Noe and I went to play in the water later, and Nina's dad and brother started cooking again to feed the thirty or so family members that stayed overnight. The boys went fishing, we ate, and lounged around. We were already talking about how we'll have to come back and rent the beachhouse again. It's so nice.

When I got back into town, I shared leftover Hawaiian food with my dad and Bernie for lunch. And, although I was tired and my voice was still a little hoarse, I went to 8:15 yoga for the first time in nearly a week. I realigned my neck with a loud crack, and it felt sooooooo good!

No comments: