Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Hooray for Intercessions!

Tuesday, 26 September 2006

Now that all public schools in Hawai'i are on year-round school schedules, I can say thank you for intercessions! Our first academic quarter ends this Friday, and as long as the Northwest Airlines flight attendants don't strike that day, I'll be on my way to Seattle for about 9 days. I'll help celebrate Marissa's belated 28th birthday on Saturday at one of my favorite crepes places (although we'll be going there for dinner), then hitting the bars for the nightlife of Capitol Hill, get together with some teacher friends early in the week, find out if Maila is going to pop out a baby while I'm there, try to visit Christy on my way up to Anacortes to visit Christina, Andrew, and Max, and somewhere in between visiting friend's at Jillian's, check out some music, eat Thai food at Buddha Ruska, will probably end up visiting the schools I taught at, hang out at Pike's Place, downtown, and Belltown, and I'll try to fit in some Bikram yoga at the West Seattle studio and pack up/sift through/ship more of my stuff.

Oh yeah, and it looks like I'll probably be taking my laptop with me to work on report cards and a portfolio for a class I took this summer. What fun!..Well, at least that first part.

No comments: