Saturday, May 05, 2007

Baby Stuff




Saturday, 5 May 2007

This morning, Chris and I went to interview a pediatrician. Turns out he's the father of my brother's classmate/friend, and so he knew who I was and gave me his condolences about Dad's passing. He gave us information about breastfeeding and informed us of his availability. So, when it came time to ask questions, I didn't even have to refer to my list of questions I had prepared. We have several more appointments this month with other pediatricians, those who came highly recommended by friends. So, we'll see how it goes.

Other than that, we're getting back into the swing of things and focusing on baby now. Everyone at work is having fun asking me about the pregnancy, and I'm trying to figure out how much time I'm going to take off after the baby is born and preparing to teach summer school for 4 weeks to get a little more cash for the time I may need to take off. We're halfway done with our birthing classes and my glucose test this week was normal. I will have my ultrasound checkup and OB checkup in coming weeks. We're still working on names, but am leaning toward the first name Chase. I want to honor my dad by finding a Hawaiian name that will incorporate the meaning of "John" ('God is Gracious' according to one book) and will be keeping Mau as a middle name as well. I submitted papers this week to have my last name changed to Mau-Halsall. After Dad's passing, although I had still retained Mau as my middle name, I really wanted it to be my last name again. So, in about a month, I'll have it changed.

Going to spend the afternoon with the Keane's out near Pokai Bay in Waianae. They're good family friends of the Halsalls whom I haven't met yet. Although we were invited to my friend's son's 2nd year birthday party, family stuff takes precendence. So, we'll be heading to the beach with some beer and edamame for the Irish couple in a few hours.

No comments: