Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Bundle of Gifts





Wednesday, 23 May 2007

Today would have been Dad's 60th birthday. I wished Dad a 'Happy Birthday' and slept most of the day in the heat of the living room. I left in the late afternoon to run errands and to meet Chris at work to pick up baby gifts, as his coworkers had a baby shower for him today. Since he loves skulls, they did a pirate theme with a pirates chest full of goodies and skull paraphenalia. I brought home food, half a sheet cake, as well as a diaper cake and a trunk full of gifts. Chris took me to Sam's Club to get snacks for my parent meeting, my contribution since I won't be able to attend and facilitate the meeting at school. I dropped them off at school then headed home and had my cousins help me unload the car and carry everything down.

Cousin Steph (in town for her grandmother's funeral) came by tonight to give me a baby gift bag of clothes, swaddle blanket, and her mom's creation of a nasal aspirator which has worked wonders for her own little boy.

It's been fun to open gifts. Unfortunately, Chris loves all the little toys and hooded towels. I can see I'll have two kids on my hands!

No comments: